Sunday, November 29, 2009

Walgreens 101

If you are new to Walgreens:
Walgreens can be very complicated with using RR (Register Rewards), Store coupons (coupons in the weekly ad), and Manufacture coupons. Its a good I deal to print this and keep it in a folder with your coupons. It seems like alot of work but it's very worth it. My most recent trip I got 80.00 worth of stuff for only 15.00. Believe me I have seen my share of trial and error just keep at it you'll get the hang of it, if I can do it so can you.

1. You can not purchase two of the same RR deals in the same purchase. If you have two of those $4.00 razor coupons you need to purchase each razor in a separate transaction or only one RR will print. This is also true for RR deals offered by the same manufacturer. If Gillette had two RR deals going at the same time, purchase them in separate transactions.

2. You must have more items than you have coupons. This includes store coupons, manufacturer coupons and RR. This is where filler items come into play. I always select some very low priced items to add to my deals to act as fillers. If you are buying an item with a manufacturer coupon and a RR, it is a good idea to add two small fillers. The store always has a great deal on something like hydrogen peroxide for $.29 or candy bars for $.39. I also like to look in their clearance section for fillers. I have often found clearance items for less than $.20.

3. You can not use a RR that you received for an item to buy the same deal. For example, if you buy Robitussin DM and get a $2.50 RR, you can not then use that same RR to buy another Robitussin DM. If you do, the RR will not print on the second item. There are exceptions to this rule, but they are rare.

4. Your total coupons and RR can not be more than your subtotal. CVS will adjust your ECB if you are under a few cents, but Walgreens will not. To be on the safe side, make sure your items add up to at least $.01 before tax and after coupons and RR.

5. There are exclusions on what you can purchase with a RR. They are printed right on the reward. The only one that is notable to me is unlike at CVS you can not use it to buy dairy.

Photobucket

No comments: