Monday, January 18, 2010

Coupon Tips

Photobucket
Couponing can be really easy, fun and addicting. It might be a little overwhelming at first but with all the blogs to help, you'll catch on very quickly. Here is a few tips that has helped me.

1. Get the Sunday paper, and sometimes the Wednesday paper will have coupons. Its a $1.75 for Sunday and $.75 for the Wednesday I get 4 news papers on Sunday it sound like alot but you will save more this way.
2.Dust off that printer, printable coupons are a easy way to get the coupons you need. There is some really good sites to find online coupons like coupons.com, couponsurfer.com, redplum.com and couponmom.com they are immediately available, you just print what you need. I also go to my favorite brands sites sometimes they will have coupons you can print from their web sites. I sign up for alot of freebies they will sometimes have coupon with the samples. Facebook is another good way to get coupons too.
3. Plan ahead I like to check the stores online weekly ads on Wednesday, I aways plan my meals for the week by whats on sale. If you have a coupon and you hold it till its on sale you can save really big sometimes get it for free. I will even get stuff my family doesn't use if I can get it free or cheap I will donate it.
4. Get organized at the dollar stores they sell coupon organizers, I've out grown my organizer when you get a big stockpile of coupons you may need to move up to a zip up trapper keeper I bought baseball card storage sheets to put my coupons in it makes it really easy to keep them in order and easy to see.
5. Find a coupon friend, my stepmom and I do a weekly Walgreens trip, we swap coupons and if one of us finds a deal we let each other know, plus it makes it fun.
6. After you get a good stockpile you wont have to spend alot there are some weeks all I have to buy are milk and bread. Don't get frustrated, if you have any questions I will be glad to help. Happy couponing!

No comments: